Scion Exchange 2023
Oak Summit Nursery Scion Exchange list for 2023
For a trade send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
I can only ship scions inside Canada, we’re in Manitoba.
We can accept trades up until the end of April when grafting season starts.
Our scions will also be available for purchase at $4 ea.
We just have a handful of scions for each available, maybe 5 max. The rest we need to save for bench grafting this spring.
I went ahead and googled the zone hardiness for your reference in (), I know that’s the first thing I lookup for new cultivars.
* Scion wood will be available to ship around the middle of March.
Battleford (zn 2)
Belle de Boskoop (zn 3b)
Chinook (zn 3)
Cortland Nova Red (zn 3)
Discovery (zn 3)
Goodland (zn 3)
Haralson (zn 2)
Harcourt (zn 3)
Heyer 1 (zn 2)
Jonamac (zn 3)
Lodi (zn 3)
Norhey (zn 1)
Nova easygro (zn 3)
Norkent (zn 3)
Norland (zn 3)
Parkland (zn 2)
September Ruby (zn 2)
State fair (zn 3)
Sunrise (zn 3)
Wealthy (zn 3)
Westland (zn 2)
Wolf River (zn 3)
Ginger gold (zn 2)
Gloria (zn 3)
Cider porters perfection (zn 3)
Chestnut (zn 2)
Kerr (zn 3)
Rescue (zn 2)
Royalty (zn 2)
Flemish beauty (zn 3)
Golden spice (zn 3)
Brookgold (zn 2)
Brookred (zn 3)
Waneta (zn 3)
Toka (zn 3)
Seeds to offer for trade:
* I can exchange seeds at 2 scions for 1 packet. I have them prepacked and kept in cold storage for the best germination. Seeds ship worldwide by letter mail.
All are zone 3 hardy trees and perennials, some collected locally in Manitoba.
Full list of seeds available is here: All Seeds
* Still looking for something you might want to trade for? As of this posting we also have bare root trees in stock and I’m open to offers for a trade if you have something we’re looking for from the list below.
Trees available are here: All Trees
Here's I'll list everything that I would accept on trade. It's a long list, some of these are cultivars and some are just species. Some is more common, some sort of rare - this is one way we're looking to build a collection of interesting things to propagate at our nursery. Please only offer to trade scion and cuttings where you are certain of the type.
Assiniboine (Prunus nigra)
Beach Plum (Prunus maritima)
Manchurian (Prunus armeniaca mandshurica)
Siberian (Prunus armeniaca siberica)
Nanking cherry cultivars:
*There are European and Russian cultivars that would be great to grow if anyone has them. No idea if they’ve been been imported into Canada.
Any Prunus tomentosa ‘Leucocarpa’ (white or pink)
* This is a partial list of cultivars, I only have a few so looking to collect all the good ones. I just need female.
Mountain ash cultivars:
* Looking for some of these species of prunus to use in graft compatibility trials. Doesn’t have to be a specific cultivar, just the right species.
Prunus padus (mayday) any seedling or cultivar
Prunus maackii (amur chokecherry) any seedling or cultivar
Prunus mandshurica (manchurian apricot) any seedling or cultivar
Hardwood Cuttings / Scions:
The following are usually propagated from cuttings but can also be grafted, so I would probably try a combination of both. Regular dormant scion length works for both.
Hoping to build my collection Ribes, there are lots of cultivars and I just listed some of the interesting ones, if you have others just let me know.
Gloire de Sablons
Are there actually zone 3 hardy cultivars?
* Looking to root some fig and keep it in the greenhouse to over winter. Or maybe bury it like Dave’s neighbour on Vinyl Cafe.
Chicago hardy or other cold hardy-ish
* I have some growing as bushes, looking for some zn 4-5 hardy to try and graft on. Could also try grafting onto Mustang.
Any zone 4-5 hardy cultivars